First of all I am really impressed with this headboard. It is very heavy (about 95-98 pounds)but I was able to put the entire thing together myself and I am a 5'2 female. I used my bed as a work-space and kept rotating it without scratching it. I only needed help with the lifting part when I was done.It took me about an hour and a half, maybe less to assemble it because of the weight. It was very easy to understand and the pre-drilled holes were perfectly lined up.
I know I always look for information on wood types, so I will let you know what this is. It is not solid wood except for the posts. It is engineered wood, but very well made and what I come to expect from this company. I have a Sauder entertainment center that is well over 12 years old and it has been moved 3 times now and still is as nice as it was on day one except for a few dings from moving, lol. I expect this headboard to hold up the same because of the solidness.
The finish is more satin and the color is a very very dark brown, NOT black. It looks old and antique and reminiscent of wood shutters on an old house. I have been so in love with the color and the distressed look, I am redoing my older dresser and nightstand the same color.
Summing up, very solid piece of furniture, easy assembly, very pretty. Beware of the weight & what frame you have; mine is a platform metal frame from Amazon and I did not need brackets at all. Solid and heavy enough to sit by itself behind the bed and doesn't move.Sauder has come a long way, the product was well made and easy to put together, no problmes at all...
Buy Sauder Harbor View Full / Queen Headboard with Painted Antique Finish Now

No comments:
Post a Comment