Look at the description. Hand rubbed finish. Wood with vernier.
This is Mostly particle board. There is very little real wood. The top and bottom may be some sort of wood, but everything else is the
same quality that you would expect from Wall Mart only more expensive.
It does look good and is fairly sturdy for a flat screen TV. A large tube TV might be dangerous.
All in all, I'm happy with it, but real wood, something like pine with a stain is not much more expensive than vernier particle board.
I think they cheeped out. I won't buy from this manufacture again.This unit exceeded my expectations. The unit was packed so well. Between each door, drawer were pieces of Styrofoam. The nuts/bolts were nicely assembled on one package each type was grouped together and sealed. It took my husband no time to assemble. (read the directions is a must) I did see some comments about issues in putting it together, all I would say to that is they didn't read the directions. It looks wonderful in our living room.
Buy Crosley Alexandria 60 in. TV Stand - Black Now
Most of the reviews I read about this product said good things about the product before we bought it. It was relatively easy to put together considering how well it is made. It did take us awhile to put it together, because there are a lot of pieces, but no drama involved. We have a baby on the way and was looking for something that put the dvr a little higher so it is not tempting to a crawling baby, but still looks nice. This is exactly what I was looking for. Gives plenty of room for stoarage and is well made. Very Pleased with our purchase!!! Looks beautiful!Read Best Reviews of Crosley Alexandria 60 in. TV Stand - Black Here
I had very bad experience with CSNStores during more than a month while I could assemble this TV stand. The main (second) package was arrived with few days delay after planned date. The top of the stand was damaged, so I could not assemble stand. Replacement part was arrived after 10 days and also was damaged. New Replacement part was arrived after next 10 days.My rented condo looked as warehouse because CSN stores requested to keep all huge packaging for case if UPS will invesigate them. Also I was not sured that I will not return this stand back.
Assembling was difficult because of very weak parts and connectors, it requires very careful work to assemble stand and not to be broken. Finally it was assembled with my son help.
Few days later after flat panel TV 46" was installed, I saw that upper top board of TV stand has deflection in the middle of span.
I could not recommend this product for purchase.This is a good piece of furniture for something better than pressboard but not quite "real" furniture. It appears to be primarily composed of some kind of wood which was surprisingly sturdy feeling and fairly attactive. I bought it for three primary features (1) a more traditional "wood" look (not metal/glass), (b) a space to place a center channel speaker and (c) doors that conceal stereo equipment (and video game consoles, games, CDs, videos, breakfast cereals, orangutans, etc...) Unfortunately my center channel speaker would not fit in the middle space above the doors (so I stuck it on top of the adjustable shelf in the middle of the cabinet such that the middle doors must be open when listening to it). That space is 31 1/2 inches long, 6 inches high and 16 inches deep. Please note that the 16 inch depth also was a problem for my receiver such that I had to cut out a hole in the back panel to be able to close the doors. The weight of the TV does appear to be depressing the middle of the top such that the right and left doors are sticking. The worst part of this cabinet is the spring-loaded PLASTIC pieces that hold the doors in. I expect these to fail (as one has already) and will likely be replaced with small hinges. All parts were included and it was well packed. Please note it is quite heavy.


No comments:
Post a Comment