On the plus side, because it's filled with polyester fiberfill blocks and covered in a heavy cotton duck type fabric, it is allergy friendly with no chemical or fragrance odors. Okay as a telephone chair and extra sleepover space in my kitchen. Good for a child or teen room.When I was living in France I used to have a sleeper just like this one. Good for student life: living in little dorm rooms and having an occasional friend spend the night. Used to call it the "mushy chair". It lasted 6 years without losing its shape and its feel. When I moved to the US I had to sell it, and I missed my "mushy chair" for several long years until I found this one. It is a bit more firm than what I used to have. I hope this means that it is more durable. My step-son slept on it and said that it felt better than the fouton. Guess I will come back in about 6 years to leave another review about its durability.
Buy Adult Jr.Twin Studio Chair Sleeper 26-Inch Poly-Cotton Now
This is a convenient chair that turns into a bed, however it is not comfortable, the foam inside is very hard, there is hardly any plush to it, I'm assuming its because it is expected to wear over time, so they make it extra sturdy, but definitely a quick 1 person bed if needed. and a decent looking chair for a study or kids room.Read Best Reviews of Adult Jr.Twin Studio Chair Sleeper 26-Inch Poly-Cotton Here
I bought this chair-bed to be a futon in my son's room, for times when I need to sleep in there (for example, when he's sick or has had a nightmare) for a little while. I hope that, when he's a bit older, he can use it for sleepovers or whatnot.When it arrived, I was pleased. The blue color is a little darker than shown in the picture, but I knew I had ordered navy, so that was fine. I had read other reviews and knew that I was ordering a junior twin instead of a twin, and that's just fine, too. I'm 5'7", and I just fit on it. What I did not expect is how springy and mattress-like it actually is. This feels much more like a real mattress than a futon. I have only had to use it for its intended purpose once, and it worked very well. It is a firm mattress, but not uncomfortable, and I was glad to have it. I imagine it will actually wear well.
The material is very nice. It arrived shipped in plastic, and I was a bit concerned because the packing material had a very strong smell to it, but once I had removed the material from the room and put my nose to the futon, the smell was gone, so no problems there. As a chair, it is better for a child than an adult, since it provides no back support. But you can see that from the pictures. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase, and I know it will be useful in the future.
UPDATED REVIEW: December 29, 2011
I wanted to come back and update for anyone considering purchasing this futon-like chair. I have had it for nearly two years now, and I am still very pleased with my purchase!
I use this mattress every single night, as my son insists on "lying on the futon" for his bedtime ritual, which including stories, prayers, lullabies, etc. lasts up to an hour. My husband and I also use it regularly when he has nightmares or cannot sleep, often sleeping on it for the entire night. It is not a wide mattress, but I am an average-sized woman, and my son (age 3) and I can just fit together on it (although it is not particularly comfortable to sleep that way).
The foam has held its shape very well, and it is still firm and comfortable (we do like firm mattresses, but it isn't rock-hard like some described I have definitely slept on firmer mattresses before). My husband is taller than I, and he does wake up stiff because he does not completely fit on the mattress, length-wise. I have never removed the cover to clean it, but I spot-clean it regularly, and the material spot-cleans very well (at least in the navy, I cannot comment on the lighter colors like sand). I intend to buy another for my daughter's room!
Want Adult Jr.Twin Studio Chair Sleeper 26-Inch Poly-Cotton Discount?
Bought this for my 10 y.o. son's room. While it's definitely an improvement from sleeping on the floor for sleepovers, I can't recommend it. After several months of usage, the foam cushion loses it's shape. Should have gone with a lower end futon, because I doubt this will hold up much longer. Okay for little kids (under 12) as temporary sleeping arrangement, but not good for much else.

No comments:
Post a Comment