Buy South Shore Furniture, Mountain Lodge Collection, Night Table, Ebony Now
This is a nice drawer. I especially like the top drawer section (its one drawer even though it looks like two) combined with the bottom open section. I put some books on my reading list in the bottom section and put some other out-of-the-way stuff in the drawer. I will probably put a little architect-style lamp on top for reading. It looks very nice and is simple.Only two negative things:
1. Color in the picture of this item is deceptive. The color in reality is BLACK. Repeat, it is black. I mean I guess if you stared at it hard enough for hours you might imagine you are picking up some hint of brownness...... but for all intents and purposes it appears black to me.
2. Assembly was slightly painstaking. It took me about 2 hours to assemble it with all the little pieces and parts. One of the pieces was drilled INCORRECTLY (the hole was not in the exact right spot), so I was only able to complete assembly through sheer brute force.... and MAKING that screw fit through at a nearly diagonal angle. LOL.... But.... now that it is all assembled, it seems nice and solid! At least for a dresser you assemble yourself.
All in all I do like the way this looks. And I am pleased especially with the design of the furniture itself. Nice, simple, elegant, functional.
The fact it is black instead of brown, and that it was hard to assemble.... well I'm sure those memories will fade away completely in a couple of weeks. :-)
Read Best Reviews of South Shore Furniture, Mountain Lodge Collection, Night Table, Ebony Here
Much poorer quality than I expected from the reviews. The bottom of the drawer is a very thin sheet of wood/panel (1/8 inch max), and the back of the night table is cheap cardboard. Not what I expected at all from the other reviews. Also, part of the trim on the front of the top was damaged on a 1"x1" patch (slightly depressed and the paint is cracked and split in an odd pattern as if it had been struck with a hammer, and showing the wood underneath. The packing material was fine).I gave it two stars instead of one, because it isn't quite so bad to go to the effort of disassembling it, packing it back up and returning it.
Want South Shore Furniture, Mountain Lodge Collection, Night Table, Ebony Discount?
This is a good piece of furniture for the price. When the dresser arrived some of the decorative molding had been destroyed in shipped. We were able to call the company and they had the replacement piece delivered in a week. It was time consuming (a few hours), but pretty easy to put together. On the plus side, its a good size, looks great in my bedroom, and I could afford to get several matching pieces. On the down side the drawers are a little hard to slide in and out and you cannot get water on it -it will destroy it (no flowers with water that could spill out or a glass of water that would sweat). I keep having to tell my husband that he can't put a glass of ice water on the nightstand, but he doesn't listen and it's pretty well destroyed on the top now, so I definitely don't recommend it for children or husbands. But it would probably be great in a guest room, which is my plan for it eventually when I save up enough for a solid wood bedroom set for myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment