Thursday, July 24, 2014

5pc Contemporary Cappuccino Finish Round Dining Room Table & Chair Set

5pc Contemporary Cappuccino Finish Round Dining Room Table & Chair SetI purchased this set because I thought it was really lovely and would be perfect in my kitchen. It was shipped by Moshaya Home Furnishings. Everything arrived in perfect condition and was well packaged. It was easy to assemble and everything fit perfectly. After it was all set up, something just didn't look right. The chairs were supposed to have a very light colored seat. That's what it shows in the pictures. Mine were an ugly mousy greyish green color. I contacted the company via email and sent them a photo of the chair. Their response was that it was the same chair but my camera wasn't taking the color correctly. Huh?

I did NOT like these chairs. They looked cheap. The finish on the product was poor and left unfinished spots in places. The table, on the other hand, is totally awesome. After a bit more investigation, I realized they weren't even the same chairs as shown in the photo! The ones I received had 5 ladder rungs up the back and a very wide bar on the top with mousy green-grey seats. The ones in the photo show 8 ladder rungs up the back with a very thin top and white seats. I sent photos of their advert along with what I received to Moshaya. They said it was probably touched up by the graphic artist. They did not offer a solution. Now, I know that was a lot of bull because I am a graphic artist and there's no way a chair goes from having 2 more rungs and a different style top when you post the image. They also said they did not sell a chair like the ones in the photo.

After a few more exchanges, they asked me to send them back in the original packaging which, by then (2 weeks later), I did not have. They also wanted me to pay the postage to return them. I didn't feel that was fair since it was their mistake, not mine. They wanted to verify that they are the ones who sent me the chairs. That didn't even make sense. Who else would have sent the chairs with that table?

Even filing a claim through the Amazon Guarantee process did not solve the problem. They said they would consider a partial refund but I would have to go buy boxes, un-assemble them, re-package and then get them to UPS and pay all shipping, insurance, and delivery confirmation fees but I would not be reimbursed for that. I did not accept their "solution" as it would have cost me more for shipping and packaging than the chairs were worth. Moshaya Home Furnishings was not cooperative and more or less shrugged the matter off. I asked them to send me pre-paid shipping labels but that didn't happen either. In the end, I just gave up and bought new chairs from another merchant. I wouldn't have these ugly things in my kitchen.

Bottom line is, if you purchase this set and it is being shipped by Moshaya Home Furnishings, check the chairs to see if you got the ones pictured, the ones with the 8 rungs and white seats or if you got the really cheaply made ones with the 5 rungs and the mousy green-grey seats. I considered this to be a bait and switch tactic since I did not get what was shown in the photo. Buyer, Beware!!!

Overall, a good-looking dining set with great finishing and comfortable, sturdy seats. Assembly was simple and not too labor-intensive, although a hammer or mallet and some wood glue definitely help the wooden dowels get/stay in place. A few design quirks I would point out: 1) The smaller glass piece is lightly frosted, but the red "fragile" symbol shows through, so a few tastefully arranged decorations may be in order. Also, it is held in place by suction cups. 2) The fabric on the chairs dirties easily, and being light colored, is rather noticeable.

A note of caution: glass tabletops are prone to shattering during shipping (mine did). Getting a replacement wasn't too painful, but I would recommend calling the customer service number instead of waiting for a "3 business day" email response.

Buy 5pc Contemporary Cappuccino Finish Round Dining Room Table & Chair Set Now

I ordered this set through Amazon. Delivery was a rather long wait. My set arrived a day after its estimated 4-day range of delivery window.

Glass part was adequately packaged and securely cushioned with foam. Both the glass top and the small glass insert below it arrived with no damages. However, I think that the way the wooden parts (table and chairs) were packaged needs to be improved. I was hoping so much that they would be undamaged after seeing that the boxes that held them were in pretty good shape except for a slight hole in one. But when I opened and examined them, the legs of the table and backrests of the chairs were full of scratches. And the problem could have been prevented if each piece had been tightly and amply bubble-wrapped and the empty spaces between the pieces (when placed inside the box) stuffed with some form of cushioning to prevent the pieces from jiggling and damaging one another.

I didn't return and ask for replacement because I didn't want the hassle and expenses I might need to pay to ship it back. So, I assembled it and put it in my dining area, the dents and scratches I "repaired" by coloring them with Guardsman furniture marker. Somehow the damages were not so visible anymore, but can be seen if you really look at them. Btw, assembly was pretty straightforward and easy.

The set actually looks beautiful. Too bad I needed to make an effort to make it look presentable. I would've really been happy with it if it came without dents and scratches. If the manufacturer/ seller can improve its packaging of the wooden parts, I would recommend it.

Read Best Reviews of 5pc Contemporary Cappuccino Finish Round Dining Room Table & Chair Set Here

I had ordered a dining room table and chair set From Moshya Home Furnishings after seeing the product details and photograph on amazon.com. The set arrived in 2 installments. I received wrong chairs They were clearly not what I ordered. They have 5 bars on the back instead of 8 as in the photograph. The cushion color is a dirty greyish green compared to cream in the picture and the finish is pathetic and cheap. When I called to ask them to send me the chairs I ordered, they asked me to adjust with the new ones as they were only a "little different" from what I ordered and that no guest would ever notice the difference. They also said that the Manufacturer has stopped making the chairs shown in the picture and they are not responsible for what amazon puts on their website. They also refused to remove the picture from amazon. The person you need to be specially careful of is Dhillon.

I request every customer to first google reviews about the company and their customer service before you buy anything from Moshya Furnishings unless you want to "adjust" to what they send you.

Amazon should also look into the matter as people trust Amazon and working with Moshya Home Furnishings will spoil Amazon's reputation.

Want 5pc Contemporary Cappuccino Finish Round Dining Room Table & Chair Set Discount?

Purchased this for my daughter's first apartment. Fit well in her small dining nook. She was able to put the set together by herself with no problems. I do recommend covering the white fabric seats with clear plastic just to keep the anxiety over stains to a minimum.

Save 29% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment