Sunday, June 22, 2014

Newbury Console Table

Newbury Console TableLooking at the photo, and having read the reviews, I expected a really top flight table. What I got was an average to slightly above average table that was a pain in the butt to put together. I've done more than my share of putting together flat box furniture, staring with a Scan bed and stereo cabinet, and ending with more items from Ikea than I can even remember. And none of them were as challenging as this one, particularly when it came to attaching the bottom section to the two long angled legs. One of the two legs that needed more than just a long screw would not line up properly, and I had to take the whole bottom section off, after I'd already glued the dowel. And the last part that required squeezing your fingers into a small-ish hole to attach a nut to a bolt, then tightening said nut 1/4" at a time with the supplied wrench, was just ridiculous.

And the two stick on coverings that they provided to hide two holes were really pretty lame, compared to something that you plug into, rather than paste over, those holes.

But more than anything else, the finished product just wasn't all that great looking. And you absolutely must put it against a wall, rather than behind a sofa, because there's a bunch of unfinished junk on the back side that would be visible. IMO...this furniture looks better in the photo, and was over priced for what actually came in the box.

UPDATE: I accidentally ordered a second table by mistake, and notified the seller, Wayfair, that I needed to cancel this order while the shipping status still showed "Not Yet Shipped". Despite having done that, they shipped the item anyway. When I asked for arrangements to return the item, THEY ADDED BACK IN SHIPPING COSTS TO ME, EVEN THOUGH THE SHIPPING WAS INITIALLY FREE, AND SUBTRACTED THAT AMOUNT FROM THE MONEY THEY REFUNDED ME, ALONG WITH RETURN SHIPPING COSTS. AVOID THIS SELLER IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!!! (I did not change the 3 star rating for this item because of the problem with the seller. It was 3 stars before, and remains 3 stars. I would never rate an item lower because of problems with the seller. On the seller feedback page, I gave Wayfair 1 star (only because 0 stars was not an option.)

Thought this item would look good in our entrance hall it did not. Item is smaller than I expected. Seems cheaply made of mdf and does not look as good as it does in the picture. It is not all that stable and wobbles a bit. We found a purpose for it in a bedroom, but will be looking elsewhere for a piece that better suits our needs.

Buy Newbury Console Table Now

Bought this table and loved it. I had one problem,it was missing one of the little balancing thing that goes underneath it. E-mailed the company, but didn't get a response. Nice anyway...

Read Best Reviews of Newbury Console Table Here

I was disappointed with this table. It looks chunky & not as nice in real. The V shape is not as defined in real as it is in the picture.

The instruction manual is very bad. They have tried ot copy IKEA, but the instructions are not detailed enough & some of the screws are not right. I had to buy additional screws & put the table together.

I'm not sure U would recommend this to others

Want Newbury Console Table Discount?

I simply love this cconsole table. Looks wonderful in my hallway and I was just real pleased with it. The color was just what I wanted also.

No comments:

Post a Comment