Buy Modloft Allen TV Stand - MD213 Now
Modloft products look nice, but unless you are prepared to pay for a medical bill as a result of the huge frustration that you'll go through to receive your product from ModLoft, think again.I bought a TV in September, and after being told that I won't be able to mount it to the wall, I placed an order for a White ModLoft Allen TV Stand through Beyond Stores on 10/13/12. They were the only company claiming that they have the product in stock. Other companies had it in back order. After placing my order, and not receiving a delivery date I contacted the Beyond Stores. They told me it is in back order and I have to wait for a couple of weeks. They promised they wont charge my credit card until the product is shipped. Well they charged my credit card on 10/19/12. Finally on 10/31/12 they scheduled a delivery. When I checked the delivery info I noticed they were sending me a Walnut color, which was available for sale in a lot of other stores with a week delivery time. I called the delivery company and informed them of the mistake. They assured me that I will receive the right color on 31st. If there is any problem they said they will let me know. I don't get paid for the time that I take off work, but I took a day off excited to be receiving my TV Stand. On the 31st I kept waiting and waiting and the four hour window that they had given me passed and there was no sign of delivery. I contacted the delivery company, and they told me that my order is cancelled. I checked my credit card statement online and there is no refund. I contacted Beyond Stores and the person who was talking to me on the phone had no clue what's been happening to my order. I later received an email from the managing director of the Beyond Stores. Again he had not bothered to look at my order and that I had never received any stand, and sends me an irrelevant email response and telling me the White TV Stand is in back order until late November. When I told him that I am placing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against the Delivery Company, he cancelled my order and refunded my money, saying they prefer not to sell to me.
After placing my order with a different company and having gone through the same experience, three times now and still in Jan, 19 2013 not having my TV Stand, and having my TV siting on the floor for four months, I am letting you know that it is not worth the frustration. Trust me. Do not bother ordering from ModLoft.
As for Beyond Stores, I give them rating of zero. They blame their website for their false advertisement (which is by the way against the law), for having products in stock when they are not. Even few weeks after I had placed my order, their website was showing the product as in stock. They claim that their website does not update the status of the products quick enough. I am a computer programmer and I know that this is not a true statement.
As consumers we need to file complaints with Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs and make sure we leave reviews for other customers to eliminate their frustration. And hopefully teach these online companies a lesson that if they are not prepared to provide a good service, they will end up losing their business, because we will refuse to buy from them.

No comments:
Post a Comment